Thursday, April 7, 2016
I saw mini Rasgullas at our Indian stores. I added them to the previously prepared Rabdi and served Angoori Rabdi for our get-together. My guests were really pleased.
Cheeseballs with Sweetened Evaporated Milk
1 recipe Rabdi - chilled
1 can mini rasgulla - I used Bikaji brand
Few threads of saffron
1/8 tsp Nutmeg powder, freshly ground (Optional)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder, freshly ground (Optional)
1. Make sure that the Rabdi is chilled. If nutmeg and cardamoms were not added while making Rabdi, add them now.
2. Drain & discard the sugary syrup from the Rasgulla can.
3. Squeeze each mini Rasgulla and drain & discard the syrup.
4. Place the Rasgullas in the chilled Rabdi in a single layer.
5. Garnish with Saffron threads.
6. Chill till ready to serve.
1. If Rabdi was made using cardamoms and nutmeg, there is no need to add more cardamom and nutmeg.
2. This dessert has to be served chilled.