Tingla Avrya Teppla Ambat
White Beans Curry
3/4 cup dry Tingalavre, soaked for 6 hours in adequate water
salt to taste
10-12 Teppal/Tirphal soaked in 1/4 cup water
3/4 cups freshly scraped coconut
15 byadgi chilies, roasted quickly in few drops of coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Soak tingalavre in water for 6 hours. Drain and pressure cook using enough water. Set aside.
3. Grind fresh coconut, roasted chilies and tamarind to paste.
4. Pour cooked beans in a saucepan. Add ground masala paste. Add enough water per desired consistency. Add teppal water and soaked teppals.
5. Add salt to taste. Bring to boil. Switch gas to low. Let it simmer.
6. Drizzle coconut oil
7. Serve with plain rice.
1. Traditionally, after the masala is ground to a fine paste, teppals are added, making sure they are not totally crushed, the masala is given a final pounding.