Sunday, January 24, 2016
Sungtha Kismoor is generally made during the monsoon, as fresh seafood is not eaten - that precisely when the dried seafood stash is used.
Dried Shrimp Salad
1 cup dried small dried shrimp/prawns
1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
Cut /scrape/ mince/ chop -
1 small onion, minced
2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 cup fresh coconut, scraped
2 green chilies, minced
1 lemon, halved
1 tbsp. coconut oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Saraswat Masala
1. Soak shrimp in 2 cups water for 1 hour. Drain, squeeze water and spread on a plate. Let it dry completely.
2. Heat oil in an iron kadhai. Stir fry shrimp till crispy. Set aside.
3. Now add more oil in the kadhai. Add minced garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add Sarswat Masala, crispy shrimp, and just a pinch of salt or as needed.
5. Switch the gas off. Mix all the remaining ingredients and mix all together with hand.
6. Serve immediately.
Dried shrimp already has salt, so adjust accordingly.