Friday, January 1, 2016
Pineapple Semolina Pudding
1 1/2 cup Rava/Semolina
3/4 cups clarified butter/Toop/Ghee
1 cup Half n Half
2 cups milk
1 cup pineapple pieces, crushed or pureed
1 1/2 cup sugar
Few strands of saffron
3 cardamoms, crushed
1. Heat ghee inn a heavy bottomed wok/kadhai
2. Roast rawa on a low flame till it slightly changes the color
3. In a separate saucepan, mix together milk, half and halg, pineapple pieces and sugar. Stir till sugar is dissolved. Add saffron so it imparts yellow color to the milk mixture. Add crushed cardamoms
4. Add milk mixture to the semolina mixture. Keep stirring on the lowest flame till no lumps are formed and the mixture attains pudding like consistency.
5. Serve warm.
1. Adjust the sugar proportion based on the pineapple sweetness. Sometimes, Pineapple is sweet and sour, adjust sugar accordingly.