Monday, January 4, 2016
Cumin seeds and Black Peppercorn impart a uniquely delicious flavor to the cooked rice. For the authentic flavor, please use ghee/clarified butter.
Cumin and Pepper flavored Rice
1 cup cooked Rice
Salt to taste
Roast and crush coarsely
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
7-8 black pepeprcorns
1 tbsp. ghee/Toop/Clarfied Butter
1 green chili, chopped
few curry leaves
1 tbsp. minced cilantro
1. Add salt to the cooked rice.
2. Roast cumin and black pepper corn. Crush coarsely. Set aside
3. Heat ghee. Add green chilies and curry leaves. As they splutter, switch the gas off. Add crushed cumin and black pepper. Stir and pour over rice.
4. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro.
1. Make sure that the rice is warm when serving.