Thursday, January 7, 2016
Elape is a traditional Malvani delicacy. You can make sweet or savory Elape. Today I am sharing the spicy version. Just omit the spices and add jaggery & cardamom powder to get the sweet version.
Mixed Legume Dumplings
1 cup raw rice
1 cup urad daal
1/2 cup chana daal
1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds
1/4 cup whole wheat
Add in while grinding
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup washed pohe
salt to taste
1/4 cup coconut slices
2 green chilies
few curry leaves
1. Soak first five ingredients in enough water overnight.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth paste adding salt, turmeric powder and pohe.
3. Cover and set aside for 4 hours
4. Stir in coconut slices, green chilies and curry leaves.
5. Heat appe pan. Drizzle oil as needed.
6. Pour batter and cook on both sides till crispy.
1. Traditional a piece of dried turmeric root is used instead of turmeric powder.