Wednesday, December 30, 2015
This simple stir fry goes very well with the daily daal and rice.
Arvichi Partun Bhaji
Stir Fried Taro Roots
5-6 Taro roots, peeled, scrubbed and thinly sliced
salt to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asaofeitda
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
4-5 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
1. Peel and scrub taro roots. Chop them thinly as below.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai - preferably an iron kadhai.
3. Add the ingredients for tempering. Saute till garlic is golden brown.
4. Add cut taro roots. Add chili powder and kokum.
5. Keep stir frying till they are crispy.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Garnish with coconut if using.
1. Serve this simple bhaji with basic daal and rice.
2. Kokum is a must for this recipe since Taro root could make your throat itch. Kokum being a souring agent, aids remove the itchy property of the taro roots.