Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Buttermilk is considered to be cooling for the body. There is an ancient Sanskrit saying - " तक्रम शक्रस्य दुर्लभम " which means that the King of Gods - Indra doesn't have access to buttermilk. Since I never cared for buttermilk and yogurt since childhood, this was my mom's most favorite quote while forcing me to consume these thirst quenchers in hot summers of Mumbai.
I added my own twist for my family.
Buttermilk with Rose Petals Jam
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp. Gulkand or Rose Petals Jam
A smidgen of salt (Optional)
1. Churn all the ingredients together adding water if needed.
2. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
1. Add sugar or other sweetener if desired.
2. If Gulkand is not available, Rose petal jam from the middle eastern stores can be substituted.
3. Use full fat organic yogurt for richer taste.