Friday, June 19, 2015
I followed the exact same recipe of my NachNi/Ragi Dosa and replaced Ragi flour with Bajra/Bajri flour. I was little unsure about the outcome, but bajri dosas came out really well.
1 cup urad daal
1 cup brown rice
1 tsp methi/fenugreek seeds
3 cups bajri flour
salt to taste
Oil as needed for frying
1. Soak urad daal and brown rice along with fenugreek seeds with adequate water overnight.
2. Grind to a smooth paste. Cover and set aside to ferment for 8 - 10 hours.
3. Add bajri flour, salt and water as needed to get the dosa batter consistency.
5. Cover and let it cook.
1. Brown or white rice can be used.
2. The above proportion yields a huge quantity of batter. I freeze half of the batter for using later.
3. For variation, sometimes I add minced onion, green chilies and cilantro in the batter, just before preparing the dosas.