Friday, May 15, 2015
Every once in a while, I make a Mexican themed menu. I keep all the ingredients on the table and everyone can choose their own ingredients per their preference. Gudiya does not like raw onions, I don't take cheese and my husband eats everything.
1 1/2 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup grated Mexican cheese
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. chopped green onions
2 tbsp. chopped onions
2 tbsp. red but firm tomatoes
1. Take a crispy tostada shell.
2. Spread drained black beans.
3. If you are using cheese, place it in microwave for 30 seconds or till the cheese melts.
4. Garnish with any or all items of your choice.
5. Serve immediately
1. Tostada shells are easily available in the market. But if not, you can easily crisp up tortilla/flatbread/chapatti.
2. I used blue corn tortilla shells.
3. I generally soak and later cook black beans with turmeric powder, salsa, cumin powder and salt.