Saturday, May 9, 2015
As usual, I was perusing the shelves of my Indian stores the other day, I came across the recipe of Ragi dosa on the back of the Ragi flour pack. I pretty much followed it to create my version. I would love to announce that I have finally mastered the art of making dosas on the cast iron griddle. So far, I could only make good dosas on the nonstick pans.
Finger Millet Pancake
1 cup urad daal
1 cup rice (white or brown)
3 cups Ragi/Nachni flour
salt per taste
oil for cooking
1. Soak daal and rice overnight.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Cover and keep it for fermenting for 6-8 hours.
4. Add ragi flour and mix so there are no lumps.
6. Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan.
7. Spread a spoonful of batter, making concentric circles.
9. Serve hot off the griddle with a chutney of your choice.
I clean off the cast iron pan using a paper napkin after cooking every dosa.