Sunday, May 3, 2015
Golden Anchovy Fry
12-15 Mandeli/Golden Anchovy, cleaned
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp rawa + 1 tbsp rice flour
Oil for frying
1. Clean, rinse mandeli. Marinate with salt, turmeric powder, asafetida and chili powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Dredge each mandeli in rawa-rice flour mixture till it's uniformly coated.
4. Place gently on the tawa in a single layer.
5. Fry on both sides till crispy.
1. Serve as an accompaniment with a daily meal or as a starter.