After eating the colorful kabobs at the BBQ restaurant, I was very eager to try them myself. If you don't have liquid smoke, just proceed without it. They will still taste good. For Gudiya, I sprinkle just salt and Hubby and I like to sprinkle some taco or tandoori seasoning on the cooked kabobs. They are very simple to make.
Grilled Vegetable Kababs
10 small mushrooms
1 yellow squash- probably only half will be needed
1 zucchini- probably only half will be needed
1 green bell pepper - probably only half will be needed
1 red bell pepper- probably only half will be needed
1 small purple onion
Few drop liquid smoke (Optional)
salt as needed
black pepper ground
Taco or Tandoori seasoning
Oil spray such as Pam
1. Cut all the vegetables except mushrooms.
2. Thread each wooden skewer into a desired pattern of colorful vegetables, starting and ending with mushrooms.
4. Place wooden skewers in a single layer.
5. Spray some oil on top.
6. Rotate till nice grill marks appear on vegetables. Switch off the gas.
7. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder. If you like it spicy, sprinkle tandoori masala or taco seasoning.
8. Cover with an Aluminum foil - as if making a tent till ready to eat.
1. Step 8 is very important. If you keep the kabobs open , they will be dried.