Double Beans chi Usal
3/4 cup Double Beans, soak overnight so they plump up next morning
salt to taste
1 tsp Goda Masala
1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
Grind to a smooth paste
1 bunch cilantro
7-8 fresh mint leaves
3-4 green chilies (or per taste)
1" ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 medium onion, chopped to about 1 cup
2 small tomatoes, chopped to about 3/4 cup
1. Pressure cook double beans using adequate amount of water.
2. Grind green paste and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai/wok. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. As they sizzle, add onions. Sauté till onion is soft. Add green paste and tomatoes. Sauté for 10 - 12 minutes on medium flame.
4. Add coriander-cumin powder, chili powder and Goda masala. Sauté for 5 more minutes.
5. Add cooked Double beans and potatoes with cooking liquid.
6. Stir in jaggery and salt. Bring to boil. Let it simmer till desired consistency is reached.
1. This curry needs to have a little gravy so do not let all the moisture evaporate.