I am in the process of implementing all the popular Chinese dishes - sometimes using chicken (per my family's preference) and sometimes replacing chicken with tofu (per my preference). Feel free to use either of the proteins - whichever suits your life style.
1 slab Tofu, cut into cubes
1/2 cup unsalted, roasted cashews
1/2 tbsp. oil for roasting tofu
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil (Chinese)
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp chili garlic paste
few dashes of Soy sauce
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 cup water
freshly ground black pepper
2 spring onions, cut
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp. oil in a wok. Add tofu cubes. Sauté till they are golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
3. Add broccoli florets, stir fry for a minute. Add frozen vegetables. Make sure the flame is high and so they get thawed and crisped up pretty quickly without adding too much water.
4. Now, add tofu. Fry for 1 minute.
5. Add whisked marinade. Adjust for salt if needed.
6. Add cashews. Stir fry for 2 minutes.