Tuesday, April 21, 2015
This is the second version of pesarettu, I had learned from my friend, Priya. I have already blogged about the first version with Moong sprouts.
Today's recipe contains moong daal. I sometimes also add spinach leaves to sneak in more nutrients. Serve with any chutney of your choice. Sometimes, I serve this protein packed dosa as the flatbread to go with usual subzi.
Moong Daal Pesarettu
Moong Daal Dosa
1 cup green moong daal, soaked
2-3 green chilies or to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup cilantro
salt to taste
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves(optional)
1/4 cup finely minced onion
Oil for frying dosas
1. Soak green moong daal - with peels in sufficient water for at least 4 hours.
2. Drain and grind with all the remaining ingredients except onion & oil - to make a smooth batter.
3. Cover and set aside for 3-4 hours.
4. Heat a pan. Pour a ladleful of batter.
6. Cover and let it cook.
7. Flip on the other side and cook.
8. Serve hot off the griddle with chutney of your choice.
1. Use green moong daal - the one with peels - for this recipe.
2. Traditionally, this dosa is served with upma stuffed inside. However, I like to serve it with any daily subzi and chutney as a part of daily meal.
3. Use nonstick pan or well seasoned cast iron pan for making this dosa.