Wednesday, April 29, 2015
I made the brownie pieces smaller, hoping for some portion control. I didn't have low fat milk so I used evaporated milk. I also added a handful of walnut pieces as I feel walnuts and chocolate brownie make a terrific combo.
Please note that I used the following recipe.
My modified - albeit just a little modification - version is as follows.
6 tbsp. cocoa powder
2/3 cup natural cane sugar
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unbleached white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup walnut pieces
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. Line 8 x 8 square pan with a parchment paper.
3. Grease it with some cooking spray.
4. Mix cocoa powder, cane sugar, flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda , walnuts and sea salt.
5. Heat butter in a small container till it's melted. Let it be at room temperature. Add milk , egg and vanilla extract. Whisk.
6. Add in the flour mixture to mix.
7. Pour the thick batter on the greased paper.
8. Bake for half an hour.
9. Cut into small squares.
I used evaporated milk instead of regular milk.