Sunday, April 12, 2015
Black Bean Noodles with Schezwan Curry
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced
1 green bell pepper, cored, sliced
A handful of green beans, sliced/French cut
1/4 cup each of water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and baby corn
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
Few drops of toasted sesame oil
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp. Schezwan Sauce (Readymade)
3/4 cup peeled and deveined shrimp/prawns
A pinch of turmeric powder
1 tbso oik
1.2 tbso ginger garlic paste
1. Heat oil in a hot wok. Add ginger garlic paste. Add vegetables one after the other. Do not overcook.
2. Add marinated shrimp. Saute for a minute or so.
3. Add schezwan sauce, salt as needed, sugar and toasted sesame oil.
4. Stir fry.
5. Meanwhile cook black bean noodles per package directions. I undercooked them since they were to boil again in the curry.
8. Simmer for a minute.
1. For a vegan version, skip shrimp. Use Tofu if desired.