Monday, April 13, 2015
A bunch of tender Asparagus inspired me to make this Maharashtrian salad.
1 bunch tender asparagus, ends removed, chopped
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
2 - 4 tbsp. daaNyache KooT/Roasted, unsalted peanut powdered/crushed
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1-2 green chilies, slit or minced
A pich of asafetida
1 tbsp. minced cilantro
1. Place chopped asparagus in a pressure cooker pot. Add 1 tbsp. water. Steam without using weight.
2. Let it cool down completely.
3. Add salt, sugar, crushed peanuts. Squeeze fresh lemon. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, chilies and asafetida.
5. Drizzle over the salad.
6. Garnish with cilantro. Mix.
1. Do not over cook the asparagus.