Friday, April 3, 2015
I decided to make simple Maharastrian style bhaji with my bunch of fresh Asparagus today. Guess what, another recipe idea with Asparagus is already bubbling in my head. I hope it works , if it does, I will share it with you all real soon.
Asparagus Chi Bhaaji
1 bunch Aspragus, tail ends removed, chopped into small bits
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar (optional)
1/2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
2-3 red chilies, halved
1/3 cup minced onion
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced
1 tbsp. fresh coconut
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add spices and red chilies. Add garlic, as it changes color, add onion. Saute till onion is soft.
3. Add chopped asparagus. Mix well. Cover with a lid. Pour some water on the lid
4. Let it cook. Add salt and sugar - if using.
5. Add coconut + black pepper.
6. Serve with your daily meal.
1. You may also add cooked black chanas, black vatana or soaked chana or moong daal for a protein boost. If using cooked chana, add it after the asparagus is cooked. If using soaked/drained daal, add it after onion.