Sunday, March 22, 2015
Eggs Green Masala with Kachumbar and Pav
Green Masala gravy is used in Maharashtrian cuisine. Today's recipe is Eggs Green Masala which features boiled eggs and potato combo doused in ground masala of coconut, cilantro, ginger, garlic. Serve with laadi paav or pulao, along with some salad and lemon wedges.
Eggs Green Masala
4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, halved
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, quartered
salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala
1 cup coconut milk
Grind to a fine paste
3 - 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 1/2" ginger, peeled
1 cup cilantro
10 mint leaves
1 tsp soaked rice
1/2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. minced onion
A pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
1. Grind green masala to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil. Add onion and turmeric powder - if using. Saute till onion is soft.
3. Add ground paste. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add water per desired consistency. As it comes to boil, add boiled eggs and potatoes.
5. Now, add salt and garam masala. Switch the gas to low. Add coconut milk.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes.
1. Instead of coconut milk, you can use coconut. In that case, grind it with green masala paste.
2. If you like, you can discard the yolks of eggs.
3. Turmeric in the tempering is optional to retail the green color of the gravy.