Sunday, March 8, 2015
Chicken Chili Fry
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, preferably organic, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp. garam masala
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. coriander-cumin powder
1 tbsp. oil
2-3 red chilies, halved
1-2 scallions/spring onions
1 cup mixed bell peppers, cut
A generous pinch of chaat masala
1 tbsp. minced cilantro
1. Whisk yogurt with all the ingredients for marinade.
2. Marinade chicken with yogurt mixture for at least 1/2 hour - preferably in the refrigerator.
3. Heat oil in a wok or kadhai. Add red chilies. Stir fry for 1/2 minute, add scallions. Sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add bell peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add chicken along with the marinade.
6. Cook on a high flame, stirring from time to time.
7. Adjust salt.
8. Sprinkle chaat masala and cilantro.
9. Serve with naan.
1. You can also add amchoor powder along with chaat masala.