Friday, March 13, 2015
Okra with Potatoes with Punjabi Spices
1/2 lb Okra/Ladies Finger/Bhindi/Bhendi, Remove both ends, cut into 2" pieces, with a slit
2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
1 tsp Coriander-cumin powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup cilantro
2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add spices and ginger-garlic paste.
2. Add bell pepper, potatoes and okra. Stir fry from time to time.
3. Add garam masala, coriander cumin powder, paprika and salt.
4. Add cilantro. Keep sautéing till it's cooked.
1. You may need to add more oil to prevent sticking.
2. Do not add any water for cooking.