Sunday, February 22, 2015
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo with Patty Pan Sauté
Gudiya loves Italian food more than anything else. So I try to recreate her favorite restaurant dishes at home.
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
2 1/2 Servings Fettuccine Noodles,
15 shrimp, deveined, cleaned
1 tbsp. pesto (store bought or home made)
salt and black pepper as needed
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. spring onions, chopped
1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1. Clean and devein shrimp. Marinate with pesto, salt and pepper
2. Cook fettuccine according to the directions. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
4. Add garlic and spring onion. Sauté till soft. Let it not burn.
5. Add all purpose flour and keep on stirring till it turns a shade darker.
6. Add marinated shrimp and stir fry for a minute.
7. Add milk. Keep on stirring till it reaches thick sauce consistency.
8. Add cooked pasta. Mix well till the sauce coats the pasta.
9. Serve warm.
1. I use my trusty pasta ladle that has circles which indicate 1, 2 or 1/2 servings. I measure my pasta before putting in the boiling water to get the exact serving size.