Monday, February 2, 2015
I am presenting those ubiquitous roasted taters with an Indian twist.
Minty Roasted Potatoes
25-30 Fingerling potatoes, scrubbed, halved
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Grind to a smooth paste
10-12 fresh mint leaves/pudina
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 green chilies (optional)
salt to taste
A pinch of Amchoor powder
A pinch of chaat masala
1. Preheat oven 400 F
2. Grease a baking sheet lightly.
3. Rub turmeric oil all over potato halves uniformly. Arrange them in a single layer.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Take out and smear mint paste all over the roasted potatoes.
6. Garnish with amchoor powder and chaat masala.
Instead of fingerling potatoes, baby potatoes can also be used.