Kale is very good for health but it's little chewy/rough. But in combination with chard and spinach, it tastes good. I buy this packet of deep greens troika (Kale+Spinach+Chard). It makes a delicious daal soup with rice.
Daily Daal with Kale
3 cups Kale+Spinach+Chard - roughly chopped
3/4 cup toor daal
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of asafoetida
Roast and grind
2 tbsp. fresh coconut
1/2 tbsp. coriander seeds
4-5 byadgi chilies, or per taste
7-8 black peppercorn
1/2 tbsp. tamarind pulp
2 tsp oil
4-5 garlic cloves, smashed
1. Pressure cook daal with turmeric powder and asafetida. In a separate container, pressure cooked, roughly chopped leafy greens.
3. Mash cooked daal and greens lightly. Pour into a saucepan. Add ground masala paste. Adjust water.
4. Bring to boil. Add salt to taste. Let it simmer.
5. In a separate saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic cloves. Fry till they are golden brown. Drizzle tempered oil along with garlic cloves over daal.
6. Cover and switch off gas.
7. Serve with your daily meal or as a soup.
1. I generally add more leafy greens compared to daal. You may decide your own proportion per personal preference.