Friday, February 27, 2015
Vilayati Fanasachi bhaaji
Breadfruit +White Peas Curry
1/2 lb breadfruit pieces, I used frozen
1/2 cup white peas sprouts
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp. jaggery
Grind to a smooth paste
1/2 cup fresh coconut
1 tbsp. coriander seeds, roasted
5-6 black peppercorn, roasted
1/2 tbsp. tamarind pulp
1/2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafetida
2 springs curry leaves
1. Pressure cook white peas sprouts adding turmeric powder and water.
2. Pour cooked peas and breadfruit in a saucepan. Add ground masala.
3. Add water to get the desired consistency.
4. Add salt and jaggery. Bring to boil. Let it simmer.
5. In a separate saucepan, add oil. Splutter mustard seeds, asafetida and curry leaves.
6. Drizzle over the curry. Switch off the gas.
1. The consistency of this curry should be thick.
2. Since I used the frozen bread fruit, it didn't take any time to cook. Do not overcook.