Sunday, January 4, 2015
I wish you all a very happy, prosperous and healthy new year 2015. Since we have frigid cold here, I thought of sharing Aarey's Masala Milk. Of course, Aarey's Masala milk came in bottles and was served cold. But we can easily fix that. This masala milk used to be different than Masale doodh. The very last sip from the bottle, always fetched a cashew. (Fond memories!) Of course, I was partial to Energee, but once in a while I had masala milk.
This masala milk can be served hot, warm or chilled depending on your weather conditions or personal preference.
4 cups milk - preferably whole milk
1 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
few strands of saffron
3/4 tsp. cardamom powder
1/8 tsp. nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
4 - 6 cashews
1. Heat whole milk and evaporated milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring to boil.
2. Switch gas to low. Add sugar, cashews and spices.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Serve in individual cups/glasses taking care that each serving will get one cashew!;-)
5. Serve hot, warm or chilled.
1. Adjust sugar per your liking.