Saturday, January 17, 2015
Addition of ricotta cheese to any muffin recipe reminds me of Mava cakes sold at Irani bakeries of Mumbai. So whenever I come across such recipes, I jot them down immediately. I discovered this recipe in my pre-blogging recipe diary. I think this recipe may be from Cooking Light or Good Housekeeping. Unfortunately, I am not very sure. This Italian muffin recipe sure will win the hearts.
Lemon Ricotta Muffins
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup part skin ricotta cheese
1/3 cup milk
6 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. sugar
1. Preheat oven 400F
2. Mix and whisk ingredients shown above.
4. Do not over mix. Stir till moist.
5. Grease 12 - 15 muffin cups lined with wrappers.
7. Sprinkle sugar on top for garnish.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or till done.
9. Serve with your afternoon tea or morning coffee!