This recipe is derived from the coconut ladoo recipe in the Milkmaid recipe Booklet.
Indian Coconut Truffles
1 tin Milkmaid or Any sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. can)
2 cups unsweetened, desiccated/dry coconut
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
9 green cardamoms, peeled, powdered
Few threads of saffron
1 very small piece of nutmeg, grated
1. Pour sweetened condensed milk in a nonstick kadhai.
3. Pour a cup of coconut. Stir well.
8. Grease modak moulds. Make modaks. Or using greased palms, roll into uniformly shaped ladoos.
1. Use charoli, almond slivers or pistachios slivers for garnish - if you like.
2. Above proportion gave me 21 small modaks and 9 small laddoos.