Nogle Fanna Upkari
Lady Fish Hot and Sour Curry
20-25 Nogle/Muddusha/Kane Fish/Lady Fish, cleaned
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp. tamarind pulp
1 - 2 tbsp. red chili powder
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
0. Marinate fish with salt and turmeric powder.
1. Heat oil in a kadhai - preferably an iron kadhai.
2. Add chopped onion.
3. Sauté on medium flame till deep brown.
4. Add chili powder and sauté for a minute.
5. Add tamarind pulp and 1/2 cup water.
6. As it comes to boil, add marinated lady fish.
7. Adjust for salt.
8. Simmer till fish is cooked.
1. Just like old wine, as time goes, this curry tastes even more delicious!