Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Gujarat meets Punjab: Bataka Thepla, Chhole & Leeli Dungli nu raitu
Today's recipe is a simple salad of spring onions/scallions. Make sure to minced it nicely since we are using it raw.
Leeli Dungli nu Raitu
1 spring onion, minced both green and white part
1 firm roma tomato, chopped finely
1 cup yogurt
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
1/2 tsp ginger-green chile paste
1. Chop vegetables finely.
2. Whisk yogurt with remaining ingredients
3. Add chopped vegetables. Mix well.
4. Serve as an accompaniment with the main meal.
1. Depending on personal preference, adjust sugar.
2. Mince spring onion very finely to avoid big chunks of raw greens.