This is my version of Harabhara Kabab:-
Lush Green Kababs
2 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, boiled, Peeled
1 bunch spinach , fresh or frozen
1 cup green peas
1 cup cilantro
5-6 fresh mint leaves (optional)
3 green chilies
3 cloves garlic
1" ginger, peeled
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp. lemon juice
salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Pressure cook potatoes, green peas and spinach.
2. Peel potatoes. Grate them using coarse side of the grater. Set aside.
3. Drain spinach leaves. Grind drained spinach with green peas, cilantro, ginger, garlic, mint - if using and green chilies. Make a smooth green paste.
5. Make uniform balls. Flatten them a bit and place on a hot pan.
1. Traditionally, a pinch of baking soda is added while cooking spinach and peas to retain the green color. I don't add baking soda.
2. I use a shortcut to grind my vegetable and herbs into a single paste.
3. I use harabhara kabab potato mixture as a stuffing for making parathas or stuffing for tomatoes to make stuffed tomatoes.