Shrimp and pesto is a wonderful combination. I used it with farfalle pasta for the weeknight dinner the other day.
Pesto Shrimp Farfalle
1/4 cup Basil Pesto (Homemade or readymade)
2 cups cooked farfalle pasta
salt to taste
15 shrimp with 1 tbsp. basil pesto
1 tsp. oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly squeezed lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Marinate cleaned, deveined shrimp with spoonful of basil pesto
2. Cook farfalle pasta per package instructions.
3. Prepare basil pesto or use a readymade one.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
5. Add garlic and bell pepper. Sauté for a minute without letting garlic burn or turn brown.
6. Add shrimp and sauté till cooked.
7. Add basil pesto and cooked farfalle. Mix well.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice.
1. I use less oil since pesto already has oil in it.
2. Do not overcook pasta. Make sure that it's al dente!