If you are fond of garlicky flavor, you may like this zesty Gujarati Puffed Rice.
Garlic flavored Puffed Rice
12 cups Puffed Rice/Mamra/Kurmure
salt to taste
2 cups roasted peanuts
Grind to a fine paste
1 bulb garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tbsp. water
1/2 cup oil
2 sprigs curry leaves, torn
1/2 tsp asafetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Mora Sev/Plain Sev
1. Pound entire garlic bulb with chili powder and water. You can also use a blender.
2. Roast puffed rice/kurmura till it's crispy. Do not let it burn.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed wok.
4. Add curry leaves, asafetida and turmeric powder.
6. Add peanuts and roast for 2 minutes till crispy.
9. Let it cool down. Store in an airtight container.
1. This recipe uses an entire bulb of garlic. Use more or less garlic cloves based on your personal preference.
2. This chevda is generally topped with mora sev/plain sev, while serving.
3. Use mild or hot chili powder based on desired heat level.