Chia seeds are embellishing my daily cooking these days. I have already used them in simple Roti, Thepla and even ice cream. Today, I've decided to add them to my thalipeeth.
Chia Seeds Thalipeeth
Chia Seeds Multi Grain Flatbread
1 cup Thalipeeth BhajNi
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/3 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced cilantro
2-3 green chilies, minced (more or less, depending on the desired heat)
Oil for cooking
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Add onion, cilantro and chilies.
3. Knead to a smooth dough, adding water as needed.
4. Make 4 uniform balls. Flatten one ball at a time directly on hot tawa.
5. Make few holes using the back of the spoon.
6. Drizzle some oil in those holes. Cover and let it cook.
7. Remove the cover and cook on the other side till crispy. Add oil as needed.
8. Serve hot thalipeeth off the pan.
1. If you find patting thalipeeth directly on hot tawa too daunting, use this simpler method. Place a ball of dough, between two sheets of plastic wrap. Roll using a rolling pin or pat using hands. Take off the plastic and place directly on the hot tawa.
2. Traditionally, hot thalipeeth is served with a dollop of homemade white butter - loNi.