4 Poblano peppers
1 cup cooked Rainbow Quinoa
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. chopped spring onion
1 Cup cooked black beans
1/4 cup salsa
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
salt to taste
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
salt and black pepper
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. chopped firm tomato or red bell pepper
2 tbsp. chopped spring onion, greens
2. Switch off the gas. Cover the cast iron pan completely so steam will help cook the poblanos.
5. Mix quinoa, beans and avocado sauce, when you are ready to stuff poblanos.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
9. Squeeze lemon juice on top. Garnish with cilantro, spring onion, onion and red bell pepper or tomato.
1. I used rainbow quinoa. Regular quinoa would work too.
2. I used 1 cup cooked quinoa and 1 cup cooked black beans. This is not 1 cup raw quinoa or 1 cup raw black beans. 1 cup raw quinoa or beans will make at least triple amount of cooked counterpart. You can freeze remaining cooked beans/grains.
3. Depending on the shape and size of the poblano peppers, the required amount of quinoa/beans mixture may vary.