Fried Black Pomfret
2 steaks of black pomfret
1/2 tbsp. ginger-garlic-green chili paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tsp chili powder (for heat)
1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder(for color)
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp. rice flour
1 tbsp. rawa/fine semolina
Oil for frying
1. Rinse the black pomfret steaks.
2. Apply all the spices, salt and lemon juice uniformly.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat tawa for frying. Add oil as needed.
5. Dredge marinated steaks in rice flour + rawa mixture. Shake off excess flour.
6. Place carefully on the tawa.
1. You can also deep fry.
2. Serve with your non-vegetarian thali.