After making Falafel sandwich, I had three leftover pitas. I wasn't going to use them any time in near future. Their "best by" date was fast approaching. So I decided make baked pita chips.
Baked Pita Chips
3 pita breads, cut into triangles or rectangles
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Cut pita breads into desired bite sized shapes.
3. Spray baking tray with cooking spray.
4. Arrange pita chips in a single layer.
5. Spray more oil spray over the chips.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes.
7. Stir and try to flip as many as possible.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes.
9. Check for doneness. If not crispy, bake for 5 - 10 minutes, keeping a close watch.
10. Sprinkle salt on top.
1. I use kitchen shears to cup the pita.
2. Do not over crowd the pita chips on the baking tray. Make sure that they are in a single layer.