6 small purple eggplants/brinjals/vaangi, sliced, stems removed
2 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp jaggery
1 tbsp goda masala
1 tbsp daaNyache koot/roasted unsalted peanut powder (optional)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
0. After slicing the vegetables, soak them in water, so they won't turn dark.
2. As the mustard seeds splutter, add goda masala. Sauté on a low flame for 1 minute. Do not let it burn.
3. Add drained vegetables. fry for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and let it cook. Keep some water on the lid.
4. Now add chili powder, jaggery , peanut powder - if using and salt.
5. You can add more water to keep some gravy or evaporate the water completely.
6. Garnish with coconut and cilantro.