salt to taste
Oil as needed for roasting
Any coconut based chutney of your choice.
1. Soak all the daals with sufficient water for about 6 hours.
2. Grind with asafoetida and salt.
3. Cover and keep aside till ready to use.
4. Add water to make a thick batter consistency.
5. Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan. Spread the batter to make a circle.
6. Drizzle some oil. Cover and let it cook.
7. Once the dosa appears to be cooked, take it out and keep in a plate.
1. This dosa is not meant to be cooked on both sides. So make sure that it is cooked well before serving.
3. Sometimes I add half of yellow moong daal and half of green moong daal (with peels).