Cool, sweet & tangy pineapple raita goes really well as a perfect accompaniment with spicy meal. You may even serve it as a dip with pita chips.
Since I still don't know how to cut the pineapple properly, I use crushed pineapple in the can.
Pineapple Yogurt Salad
1 cup crushed pineapple (from can, drain the juice)
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
A dash of sugar
salt to taste (optional)
A generous pinch of chaat masala
A generous pinch of red chili powder
A generous pinch of black pepper powder
1. Drain the juice from the can.
2. Whisk yogurt with salt and sugar.
3. Stir in drained pineapple.
4. Sprinkle with spice powders on top.
1. Canned pineapple may already have sugar. So adjust sugar as needed.