Garbanzo Beans Burger
3 cups cooked garbanzo beans/kabooli chane
2 medium potatoes, boiled
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tsp garam masala
2-3 green chilies, chopped (optional)
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
2 tbsp. minced cilantro
1 tbsp. minced fresh mint
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp amchoor masala
1 cup shredded spinach
1 shredded red radish
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1 small piece, red bell pepper, minced
2 tbsp. yellow corn
2 tbsp. corn starch
2 slices bread, soaked in water and squeezed
1/4 cup rice flour or fine bread crumbs
Oil for frying
1.Pressure cook garbanzo beans and potatoes. Peel and cut potatoes.
2. Heat oil. Add all the tempering ingredients. Saute till onion is soft.
3. Add cooked beans, potatoes, salt, tomato ketchup.
4. Simmer and let it cook for at least 15 minutes till mixture is dry.
5. Stir in cilantro, mint and spices.
7. Take out and add grated or chopped vegetables.
9. Knead well.
10. Using wet hands, make patties. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
11. Dredge into rice flour or fine bread crumbs.
12. Heat oil in a pan.
14. Serve with sweet and sour chutneys or use as a patty for burger buns.
1. You can use leftover chhole and proceed from step 6. onwards. If your chhole have thin consistency, you may have to heat up to evaporate excess liquid. If chhole have any whole spices, discard before grinding.
2. Adjust the amount of cornstarch and bread slices depending on the stickiness of the batter.