It is my understanding that Bharuchi Akoori is Parsi scrambled egg garnished with spices and nuts/dryfruits. So it's entirely my creation, I don't vouch for its authenticity. Serve with buttered toast (Use Amul please!:-) and a dollop of tomato ketchup.
Scrambled Egg - Bharoch style
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
A generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. almond slivers
1 tbsp. cashew bits
1 tbsp. golden raisins
2 tbsp. ricotta cheese (optional)
1/2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp. minced onion
1 small tomato, minced
1 tsp minced chili
A pinch of coriander-cumin powder or dhansak masala
2 tbsp. minced cilantro
1. Whisk eggs with the spices. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté nuts, raisins and ricotta cheese if using. Set aside.
3. Add oil to the same saucepan. Add tempering ingredients except coriander-cumin powder. Sauté till onion -tomatoes are soft.
4. Add coriander-cumin powder.
5. Now stir in whisked eggs. Keep on stirring. Adjust for salt.
6. When they reach semi-cooked consistency, add fried nuts, raisins and ricotta cheese - if using.
7. Stir well till they get the desired consistency - (fully cooked or semi-set pudding consistency).
8. Garnish with minced cilantro.
9. Serve with buttered toast.
1. If dhansaak masala is not available, use coriander-cumin seed powder.