After tasting their famed Baida Roti, at Mumbai's landmark street restaurant - Bade Miya, I decided to make my own version. Of course, my version is very homely compared to Bade Miyan's pizzazz. This version can be served as a breakfast item as well.
Baida Roti - Count 3
3 chapatis - rolled out/raw
2 tbsp. finely minced red onion
2-3 green chilies, finely minced - per desired heat
2 tbsp. finely minced cilantro
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
Oil or butter for cooking
1 recipe thick mint chutney
A generous pinch of Chaat masala
A generous pinch of Amchoor powder
1. Whisk eggs with onion, chilies, cilantro , turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Place your rolled out chapatti on a hot tawa/griddle.
3. Let it cook on a low flame.
5. Turn on the other side when it is barely cooked.
6. Smear thick mint chutney as shown below.
11. Make sure that eggs are fully cooked. The roti will puff up as eggs get cooked.
1. It takes some time to cook eggs as we are cooking on a very low flame. Be patient and make sure that the eggs are fully cooked before serving.