This simple vegetable can be made using surti lilva, vaal lilva or toover lilva. These are the freshly plucked beans and are available in the freezer section of the Indian supermarkets.
Vaal Lilva nu Shaak
Fresh Beans Stir Fry
1 1/2 cup frozen fresh vaal lilva
4 baby potatoes, quartered
2 roma tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp Gujarati garam masala
1 cup water
salt to taste
1/2 tbsp jaggery
Grind to a paste
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves
1 green chili (or per taste)
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp owa/ajmo/ajwain/carrom seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add carrom seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. as they splutter, add green paste. Saute for 1 minute.
2. Add tomatoes & Gujarati Garam Masala. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add beans, potatoes, water, and let it cook on medium flame.
4. Add jiggery.
5. Let it simmer till the water is evaporated.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
1. You can leave the water to get the gravy of the desired consistency.