Gudiya requested for her favorite chicken mayo roll. I didn't have chicken in the fridge. I thought of substituting salad shrimp. I was thinking of making a roll inspired by New England's famous Lobster Roll.
This is my version -
Shrimp Mayo Roll
1/2 cup salad shrimp
1/2 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
salt to taste
A dash of ground black pepper
1 tsp. Hot & Sweet Mayo (I love Trader Joe's)
2 tbsp. Mayo (I used Whole Foods Organic Mayo)
1/2 tbsp. oil
1 clove garlic, grated
1 small shallot, minced
A pinch of turmeric powder
You will also need
Shredded Lettuce (Optional)
4 Hot Dog Buns (I used Whole Wheat version)
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic , shallot and turmeric powder. Sauté till soft.
2. Add mushrooms,. Sauté till it is cooked
3. Add shrimp. Sauté till moisture has evaporated. Add salt and pepper.
4. Switch off the gas and let it cool down completely.
5. Toast each hotdog bun lightly.
7. Divide evenly among all the buns.
8. Serve immediately.
1. Salad shrimp is generally already cooked. So adjust cooking time accordingly,
2. If using regular raw shrimp, adjust cooking time.
3. If shrimp is too large, chop into small pieces before adding to the mushroom mixture.
4. Vegetarian variation - Vegetarians may omit shrimp altogether and may use Vegan Mayo to make purely plant based roll.