I had roasted some mini peppers and they were in the fridge. They gave me the inspiration for making this simple chutney.
Roasted Mini Peppers Chutney
9-10 roasted/grilled mini peppers
9-10 grape tomatoes, roasted
1 cup onion sliced, roasted
4-5 cloves of garlic roasted
salt to taste
1/2 tsp tamarind pulp
1/2 tbsp. jaggery
1 tsp hot chili powder
1/2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. urad daal
1/2 tsp asafetida
1 tbsp. chana daal
1. Roast all the vegetables. Let them cool down.
2. Heat oil. Saute urad daal and chana daal till reddish. Add asafetida. Sauté for few seconds, without letting it burn.
3. Powder daals in a blender. Add roasted vegetables with their cooking juices, jaggery, salt, chili powder and tamarind pulp. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Serve with Idli, dosa or Oothapam.
1. Mini peppers are very mild. So I added hot chili powder. Adjust per your liking.