Remember that scene from the movie "Namesake" where Tabu mixes some chili powder and masalas with cereal to make instant bhel? Well, I am not far behind. When I found the oven roasted tomatoes in olive oil, I stirred in some pickle masala and made my own instant tomato pickle. It was delicious.
Oven Roasted Tomato Pickle
1/2 cup oven roasted tomatoes with olive oil
1 - 2 tbsp. pickle masala - homemade or readymade
A pinch of salt to taste.
1. Mix first two ingredients.
2. Depending on the salt content of the pickle masala, adjust salt.
3. Mix well and set aside for a day.
4. Serve next day.
1. I use "Bedekar" brand for readymade pickle masala.
2. I used Costco brand oven roasted tomatoes in olive oil.
3. Refrigerate any unused portion.