Sunday, June 1, 2014
Have you ever met those annoying people who wonder & ponder over every bite they put in their mouth at restaurants? They want to know what ingredients may have gone in that morsel? Well, then you have met either me or people just like me. My husband thinks that I eat less and wonder more about the recipe. Oh well, that's just the way it is! Recently we went to a Pizza place that serve a variety of pizza (potato pizza, anyone?). So it's very natural that you will now see a plethora of Pizza recipes at Enjoy Indian Food!;-)
Since most of the ingredients below were store bought, this pizza appeared even on a very hectic week night dinner table.
Chicken Pesto Pizza (Makes 1 pizza)
1 readymade pizza crust (See note below)
1 tbsp. homemade or readymade basil pesto
2 strips grilled/baked/roasted boneless, skinless chicken, cut into cubes
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven 400F.
2. Place readymade pizza crust on a baking or pizza tray.
3. Spread basil pesto around the crust leaving about 2" border around the circumference of the crust.
4. Scatter chicken cubes over the pesto.
5. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over.
6. Bake for about 5-6 minutes or till the cheese is melted.
7. Cut into wedges.
8. Garnish with crushed red pepper if using.
1. I used Whole Foods Brand Whole Wheat Pita for this recipe.
2. In summer, when there is abundant Italian Basil growing in backyard, I use homemade pesto. But here, I used Costco brand Basil Pesto.
3. You can most certainly make homemade pizza crust.